Paws in Prison
Paws in Prison - Lockhart
We care about you and we care about our dogs. All our guidelines are to make certain your adopted dog will be happy and safe in your home.
- If you currently have a dog or have had a dog within the past five years, all of your dogs must be current on vaccinations, on heartworm preventative, and spayed/neutered. Please note: a vet reference check will be performed upon receiving your application. We must be able to verify all veterinary references for the previous year.
- Unless you live in an apartment, you must have a fenced in yard even though we do not advocate leaving dogs outdoors unsupervised. This is the life most of them escaped from and we don't want to see them go back to the lonely life of an outside dog. So for this reason, we only adopt to homes where the dog lives indoors with their new family.
- Some dogs are ideally suited for apartment life while other are not. We will always assist you in finding the right match. If you live in an apartment, we must have a copy of your lease or letter from the management company. You may email or fax a copy. We will provide you with a fax number once we receive your application.
- Once we have received your application, an area coordinator will contact you to arrange a time for you to meet the dog at the prison. If you have a dog(s) you are required to bring your dogs for the meet & greet.
- After you have met the dog and all agree it is a good match, a $100 deposit is required in order to hold the dog until a home visit and/or orientation may be performed. At that time the adoption will be approved and finalized by signing a legal contract and paying the remaining adoption donation fee and any applicable microchip enrollment fee.
- The minimum donation for adopting a Paws in Prison dog is $300 plus $20-30 for a microchip, depending on the company providing the microchip.
- The dog will be ready to go home after completing training. In some cases, if the trainer thinks the dogs has learned the basics, the dog may be able to go home sooner.
- Our goal is to match the right dog with the right person, couple or family.
- We reserve the right to refuse any adoption at our discretion.
For more information:
call: (833) 341-3523